The 55 Central Housing Support Worker provides intensive case management support to people who have a history of rough sleeping. The aim is to support people to attain and maintain long term, secure, stable housing. The service delivery model has a strong focus on outreach, taking support to the person to meet them where they are at while building authentic, trusting relationships.
Through the intensive case management approach, people can be supported for up to a year to:
- develop a personalised goal plan and take steps to achieve the goals they set for themselves
- access specialised health and wellbeing services that support recovery and good health
- receive support around budgeting and financial management
- connect to community through leisure, recreation or educational activities
- work towards employment goals.
Referrals to this program can only be received from certain crisis accommodation services. Please call our Street to Home Housing Support Worker on (08) 92721333 to discuss referral details.
The crisis service is funded by the Department of Communities Child Protection and Family Support.