55 Central delivers professional services underpinned by the principles of Trauma Informed Care. We acknowledge that traumatic experiences are common to people accessing our services. In response, we strive to create a person-centred service system that focuses on:
- Building trusting relationships
- Physical and emotional safety
- Healing and recovery
- Cultural competence
- Collaboration with the person and with other specialist services
- Education and empowerment
- Building agency, strength and resilience.
We believe that by working in this way, people are given opportunities to heal and move on from past trauma. This is critical in breaking the cycles of trauma and disadvantage that contribute to homelessness.
55 Central services comply with the Specialist Homelessness Service Standards and the National Mental Health Service Standards.